For almost 18 years you’re taught to sit down, shut up, and raise your hand. Then you have to decide what you’re going to do for the rest of your life.
— Lavon Curtis (via cavum)
- Tuna sandwich
- Egg sandwich
- Quinoa salad
- Wraps (egg or ground turkey, avocado, cucumber, chopped tomatoes, hummus spread, etc.)
- Turkey salad rolls (Combine diced smoked turkey, toasted almonds, halved seedless red grapes, thinly sliced celery and mayonnaise. Have with whole wheat bun, bread, or wrap)
- Corn and zucchini fritters. Prepare a batch of whole wheat pancake batter, using about 1/2 the liquid. Stir in a cup thawed frozen corn, one small grated zucchini and a handful of Parmesan, and a sliced scallion. The zucchini will add moisture; add more liquid if the batter is too stiff. Cook until golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Pack with Greek yogurt for dipping. (X)
- PB w/ banana and strawberry burritos
- Turkey, cheese, cucumber, and spinach pita pockets
- Paninis (Use a whole wheat wrap, on one half place broccoli, asparagus, green peppers, and grated cheese, fold wrap over) Cook in a pan of olive oil for 30 seconds on each side. Be careful not to burn it.
- Chips and dips. Make your own salsa/guacamole and pack in containers. You can make your own chips by cutting whole wheat wraps and lightly toasting in a pan.
- Healthy style nachos. Using these chips you can make nachos with low fat cheese, peppers, jalapenos, etc
- Healthy egg mcmuffin. Whole wheat bun, poached egg (cooked slighty tougher than normal to prevent it from breaking during the day) low fat cheese, avocado slices, tomato, etc
- Bean and cheese salad (Whisk 1 part lemon juice to 2 parts olive oil; season with black pepper. Add finely chopped shallot, let sit for a few minutes, then toss with canned, rinsed cannellini beans (white kidney beans), feta or goat cheese crumbles, thinly sliced cucumber half-moons, and chopped fresh dill or parsley. Pack with multigrain pita chips or pockets)
- Quinoa/black bean patties/meatballs on whole wheat bread
- Chicken/turkey soft tacos. Pack a container with avocados mashed with lemon juice; top with a layer of shredded Monterey Jack before sealing. Fill 2 small whole wheat tortillas with shredded rotisserie chicken and sliced romaine lettuce and store in resealable plastic bags. Assemble at lunch.
- Egg salad pinwheels. (Combine chopped hard-boiled eggs, raisins, sliced celery, mayonnaise and curry powder. Trim the crust from a slice of bread and press to flatten. Spread with a layer of egg salad, then roll and secure with a toothpick)
- Parm polenta and caprese bites (Thinly slice a tube of store-bought prepared polenta lengthwise, then cut out shapes using cookie cutters. Brush with olive oil and sauté or bake until golden and warmed through; sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Pack in resealable plastic bags with a separate container of bocconcini, grape tomatoes, and chopped cucumbers tossed with olive oil, lemon juice, and torn fresh basil.)
- Chicken salad sandwich (Combine shredded rotisserie chicken, chopped apples and celery, walnuts, raisins, and mayonnaise. Spread the cut side of a split whole wheat hamburger bun with low fat mayo and assemble the sandwich using the chicken salad and butter lettuce leaves)
- Quick fried rice (Saute thinly sliced scallions (whites only) in vegetable oil, then add frozen carrots, peas, corn, and a splash of water and soy sauce. Cook until heated through, then stir in leftover brown rice and another splash of water and soy sauce until the rice is softened and heated through. Stir in thinly sliced scallions (green parts), toasted sesame seeds, and chopped peanuts.)
- Pesto chicken rolls (Toss diced roast chicken breast with pesto, diced mozzarella and sliced sugar snap peas. Transfer to an airtight container and pack with a whole wheat hot dog bun.)
- Pesto pasta
- Grilled chicken salad (Mixed greens, chicken breast, fat free dressing of choice, nuts, any other veggies of choice)
- Chicken sub (6 inch whole wheat bread, chicken breast/sliced deli turkey breast, lettuce, other veggies of your choice, dijon mustard or non fat dressing)
- Canned veggie soup
- Baked salmond filet, brown rice, and steamed broccoli
- Baked herb tofu (X)
- Halved cucumbers top with cheese and herbs. Baked.
- Overnight oats with fruit
- Hardboiled eggs, halved and topped with guacamole
- Sweet potato fries
- Extremely quick and easy banana and egg pancakes (2 eggs, 1 banana, mash and mix together. Scoop into a pan and cook in coconut oil on each side)
And that’s just a few :)
All these “cuddle and play video games” date ideas are weak. We’re playing mario kart double dash, cuddling is a distraction. Im here to win